Town and Country Days
Demolition Derby Rules
Friday Night Rules - Click here for Monday Night Rules
1. Driver must be 16 or older. Drivers under 18 must have a parent/guardian sign the release. A valid picture ID must be present to pick up prizes and must match the registered driver.
2. Driver must wear helmet, seat-belt, and eye protection and leave on until notified but track official it is safe to exit the vehicle.
3. Driver must have long pants no shorts are allowed. You will not be permitted to run with shorts on.
4. No driver door collisions or head on collisions.
5. Pit area is an idle area only. No hot rodding.
6. Must make an aggressive hit every 60 seconds.
7. You have 1 min. to restart. Hitters will get more time than sandbaggers. We will work with you if you are just hung up. Separation of stuck cars at discretion of officials.
8. THERE IS NO ALCOHOL PERMITTED ON THE FAIR GROUNDS. This includes everyone. If you or anyone in your crew is caught with alcohol the entire team will be disqualified from the race and removed from the fair ground with no reimbursements.
9. Drivers are responsible for the actions of their crew and will result in disqualification and removal from fair grounds.
10. No crew members are permitted on the track at any time.
11. There is a $200 protest fee. Must have cash in hand, must be a driver, and no protests allowed after the drivers meeting.
12. Vehicle will be disqualified if driver’s door comes open during event.
13. All cars must be removed from fair grounds following event.
14. No refunds will be given once driver’s meeting begins.
15. Air bags must be removed
16. Drivers door should be painted a bright color
General Car Specifications
1. Any type of car or station wagon no limousines, ambulances, hearses, trucks, or convertibles.
2. All glass, plastic and pot metal must be removed. Nothing may remain in the bottoms of the trunk or doors.
3. All outer hardware must be removed - door handles, mirrors, chrome, moldings, screws, fiberglass, etc. No added weight to any car.
4. Rear seats in all cars and all decking in station wagons must be removed.
5. Front seats must be securely bolted to the floor however these bolts may NOT go thru the frame! You must have a functioning seat belt.
6. All flammable materials must be removed from the car other than safety padding and the driver’s seat.
7. Wedge cars must have 4’’ of clearance between lid and floor pan
8. You may use channel or tubing up to 6" for the door bars. Total length is not to exceed 60". This bar may not be more than 18" behind the center post on 4 door cars and 10" behind the door seam on 2 door cars - no exceptions.
9. Dash bar and seat bars may not exceed 5" diameter. Seat bar must be no further than 6" behind the seat. All bars must be straight pieces no contoured pieces.
10. Sedans only, are allowed a gas tank protector, 24 inches, centered in the back seat area. There must be a 1” space between the back bar and all sheet metal, may not be attached to anything other than back seat bar. All interior sheet metal must remain in stock position. Do not pound! Steel fuel tanks only sealed system NO LEAKS If electric fuel pump is used the switch must be in drivers reach and clearly marked.
11. No kickers, angled or otherwise. NO cage components may be welded to the frame.
12. All horizontal cage components must be at least 8" off the floor of the car, including gas tank protector, measured at the body bolt elevation.
13. All cage components must be in the interior of the car, not inside the door structure with the exception of the driver’s side. This door bar MAY be inside the door structure to allow more room for driver’s safety.
14. You may add a halo bar to the cage components listed above. It may not exceed 5" in diameter.
15. Halo bars may NOT be angled toward the rear of the car. They must be vertical. Attached to door bars
16. You may bolt or band the halo bar to the roof sheet metal in 2 places.
17. Forty (40") Inches of weld allowed on trunk lids or tailgates in addition to the six bands or wires. Weld (Steel) Plates no wider than three (3") Inches and no thicker than one-quarter (0.25") Inch. May be banded or wired in (6) six places. Two of the six bands may go around the frame. No more than (2) two strands of no. 9 wire per hole. Sheet metal to sheet metal only. Officials decide on over use of band or wire. Trunks may be banded or wired shut for inspection, BUT a 12 X 12 square hole must be cut in center for inspection. Trunks and Hatches are to be fastened down before coming through the inspection line. YOU MAY WELD A 3" WASHER TO OUTER BODY TO RUN WIRE OR BAND THROUGH. Doors-May be banded or wired in (6) six places. No more than (2) two strands of no. 9 wire per hole. Special Numbers are permitted. No profanity will be allowed on any portion of the car. YOU MAY WELD A 3" WASHER TO OUTER BODY TO RUN WIRE OR BAND THROUGH. ALL DOORS MAY BE WELDED. Driver’s door can be welded all the way around. All other doors up to the windows. You may use 1/4" by 4" wide metal for welding. Bar behind the seat cannot extend more than six inches (6") beyond door post.
18. Body mount (1/2’’ bolt with 3” washer)
19. Hoods may be banded, wired or chained shut ONLY. (6 spots sheet metal only) 2 1” pieces of all thread and 3” washers maybe used thru the radiator support, NOT welded to the frame, but that counts as 2 of your 6 spots other 4 are sheet metal to sheet metal
20. If you use chain or wire, you may weld up to 3" washers to the hood.
21. NO welding or bolting of cut outs is allowed.
22. Hood springs must be removed.
23. You must have a minimum of a 12” hole in the hood for fire protection.
24. No special bumpers, reinforcements, or trailer hitches permitted. Fenders and bumper ends may be trimmed to allow for wheel clearance. Bumper maximum (25) twenty-five inches from the bottom of bumper. Welding on front and rear bumper shocks is permitted. No bolting of bumpers to sheet metals. No bolts protruding from bumpers. Vehicle must have bumper at start of derby
25. Suspension: (9) Nine leaf springs with a (1") one inch stagger between each spring. Must have a working shackle, working rear shocks. Exception... Pre 1973 GM Cars, do not have to have working shackle. No short shocking;. 3/8" Maximum spring thickness and 2-1/2" wide. No more than (4) four spring clamps per side. Max Clamp Width 3" and Bolts no more than 1/2" diameter. No gussets on spring clamps. No main over main. Coil spring cars may be leafed. When putting leaf springs under a coiled spring car "boxed frame" you may weld a 3" by 1/4" thick washer on both sides of the frame to run a shackle bolt through. NO STRAP ACROSS THE TOP OR BOTTOM OF THE FRAME ON '74 or NEWER CARS. On '73 and older - C-Channel frame, you can box in a 3" by 3" area for shackle. Rear spring must have removable spring clamps. Cars with coil springs are allowed ¼” thick by 24” long steel plate welded over the hump (weld not allowed on leaf spring cars). Front Spring Purch - May be home-made and no more than 1/4" thick, 4" wide by 4" long for spring eye. Spring Shackle - May be home-made or factory size. No more than 3-1/2" wide by 1/4" thick. MUST BE A WORKING SHACKLE. Shackle Bolt Size - 5/8" MAX front and rear bolt. NO UNDERCOATING OR PAINTING OF THE FRAME. No all thread - spring blocks only between coil springs. Leaf Springs - flat or arched only, no reversed arched springs.
26. Any type of rubber tire. Tractor tires allowed. (31’’ max tire size)
27. Any engine may be used in any car but must be mounted within 5” of original motor. One chain per side 3/8” max. No engine oil coolers allowed. Must have air cleaner over carburetor at all times. Must have factory style radiator in factory location. Battery must be mounted securely in floorboard of driver’s compartment and covered.(1 battery only)
Mini Derby Class Rules (Compact Trucks, Compact SUVs, and Minivans)
Rules are the same as car rules except for:
1. Gas tanks must be in the center of the bed against the cab.
2. Four wheel drives must have driveshaft removed.
3. No engines larger than factory displacement for that vehicle.
*Rules are subject to change without notice!*
OFFICIALS HAVE FINAL SAY